Central Workshop is the main workshop to the National Water Supply & Drainage Board and running under Deputy General Manager (Mechanical & Electrical Service). This plays a leading role in the O&M (Operational & Maintenance) Sector, giving assistance to the maintenance of Treatment plants and Drainage Systems.
Sections under Central Workshop
- Vehicle Section
- Fabrication Section
- Pump Section & Machine Section
- Electrical Section
- Electronic Section
- Water Meter Testing
Main work carrying out by the Central Workshop
- Running repair and major repairs of Board vehicles.
- Vehicle periodic services
- Engine Overhauling
- Fabrication of package treatment plants
- Treatment plant repair work
- Other Fabrication work
- Repair to all kinds of Pumps, Valves, Compressors, Generators etc.
- Electrical repair works, including motor rewinding
- Electronic equipment repair work.
- Testing & issuing test reports for Ferrules, Valves, etc.
- Drivers, Pump Operators competence tests
- Installations of plant & equipment
- Site breakdown repair
- Quality inspections.
- Water meter testing
- Water meter repairing
We are a highly skilled crew in Mechanical & Electrical service looking for the opportunity to assist NWSDB in order to achieve a targeted safe drinking water supply in Sri Lanka.
National Water Supply & Drainage Board
Maligawa Road, Ratmalana