The supplies and Material Management Division performs the supply chain management functions for the entire National Water Supply & Drainage Board.
Main function of the Supplies and Material Management Section:
- Procurement and distribution of chemicals which are used for purification of water through the NWSDB treatment plants.
- Procurement and distribution of water meters and new connection materials for the all stores of NWSDB.
- Providing materials for the Head Office.
- Getting approval and procurement of capital Items.
- Assisting for the importing related activities with regard to Foreign Funded Projects.
- Following up of the Materials Management activities of the whole NWSDB.
- Following up of stock verification of NWSDB’s stores.
- Arranging disposal and distraction of unserviceable and obsolete items of NWSDB.
Main objectives of supplies and material management section
- Internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Provide timely delivery of goods to the internal customer.
- Timely payments to external customers.
- Maintaining of good service level to internal customers without any stock out situation.
- To increase inventory turnover rate.
- To ensure transparency in purchase procedure.
- Obtaining of value for money.
- Reducing the carrying and ordering cost.
- Expenditing the evaluation process & reducing lead time.
- Timely disposal of obsolete and unserviceable stocks.
Deputy General Manager (Sup & MM)email@example.com
Supplies & Materials Management Division
National Water Supply & Drainage Board(Head Office), Galle Road, Rathmalana
TEL: +94 11 5030765
FAX: +94 11 2637191